The National Watersports Festival (NWF) is the UK’s largest participation water sports event and is aimed at the recreational, intermediate watersports enthusiast. You will find every level of entrant taking part from the professional to weekend sailor and paddler so there is no reason to doubt your ability to enter.
The event is supported by professional bodies from each discipline who will be be delivering the event management including:
- Kayaking – Canoe England in partnership with Portsmouth Watersports Centre
- Kitesurfing – British Kitesports Association (BKSA)
- Stand Up Paddle – British Stand Up Paddle Association (BSUPA)
- Windsurfing – United Kingdom Windsurfing Association (UKWA)
The event includes:
1. Fun races for all ages, abilities and types of equipment – with prizes galore!
2. Taster sessions for beginners.
3. On-water and land-based coaching clinics in all disciplines, conducted by top UK coaches.
4. The largest trade show in the UK, showcasing the latest equipment from top manufacturers.
5. Industry presentations and the opportunity to demo the latest equipment.
6. Meet and chat with the UK’s finest professional team riders – and even race alongside them!
7. The legendary beach parties, featuring live entertainment, on both Friday and Saturday nights.
8. Free car parking and camping is included in the competitors’ entry fee for the duration of the festival.
9. Watch – or even win the chance to enter – the unique, floodlit Night event.
10. An amazing weekend celebrating our fantastic sports with hundreds of like-minded enthusiasts!
Last year 2012.
2012 NWF was immense with some of the best weather we have ever had. The windsurfers enjoyed tow in freestyle and longboard racing whilst the SUP guys did the round island race, sprints and a shed load of demos