deliveries and returns policy
We want you to be fully satisfied with your sup purchase. Our returns and replacements policy is there for your protection and is in line with Distance Selling Regulations 2000.
We aim to get a stock item to you within a few days working days, but there may be times when an out of stock item may take longer. You will be advised of this at the time of ordering.
Due to the size of paddle boards and paddles it is often recommended that they are collected in person. This will allow you to check the item before taking it away.
Cooling off period
The purpose of a cooling off period is to allow you to assess a product as if you were in the shop before deciding to buy. This period begins as soon as the order has been made and ends seven working days after the day of receipt of goods.
Please note that all shipping costs must be covered by the buyer for both outbound and return costs.
Obtaining a returns number or RMA
When returning any items you must obtain an RMA number directly from us before sending the items back. This can be done via email or in writing but not by telephone. Any item received without an authorisation number will be refused.
This will help us issue a refund or send out a replacement ASAP upon receipt of the returned products.
Returning unused, unwanted products and returns period
Assuming that we have received the goods within 14 days of the delivery date and items are unused and in resalable condition, with the original packaging, labelling and the above criteria regarding our returns policy have all been met, a refund request will be actioned within 5 week days from receipt.
No receipt or proof of purchase means no refund/exchange!
The 14 days start from the day of despatch, but as a minimum includes a period of 7 working days from the day after delivery to you as the permitted cancellation period.
This would not apply for special orders taken on behalf of the customer.
Please note: all warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations.
Shipping charges will be made for any items being returned unless the goods were damaged or not as ordered. (Damages must be noted with the delivery courier being taking final receipt of the products)
We recommend that items being returned are sent using an insured and trackable method for your own protection.
Please note that we will not be responsible for products:
- That have been damaged on their journey back to us
- That are lost on their journey back to us
- Either of the above will need to be claimed for by the customer under the insurance they have added to their return shipment.
Please note: all return postage charges to be met by customer, unless returning due to a fault which must be reported immediately upon your receipt of the goods. If you do not sign for the gods as damaged when first received, we cannot accept responsibility for the damage or costs etc.
Warranties with products
If you have a problem with your board or paddle, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much information about the issue along with pictures when possible. (A re-stocking fee may apply)
We will work with you and the manufacturer if applicable to find the best solution to get you back on the water having fun ASAP.
- If a product is deemed to be defective by Surfs SUP and or the manufacturer, the warranty covers the repair or replacement of the defective product only. Surfs SUP will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of this product.
- The original purchase receipt must accompany all warranty claims. The date and location of purchase must be clear and legible.
The warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear and ageing of product including sun-fading.
- Damage caused by extreme weather or environmental conditions.
- Accident, neglect, improper use or handling or storage.
- Boards that have been towed by power or sail boat or powered by a motor or engine.
- Boards sold as “demos”, “seconds”,”rentals” or in “as is” condition.
- Boards that are used in conditions not within the boards standard remit e.g race boards in surf conditions.
- SUPs that have been structurally or dimensionally altered or modified.
- SUPs used for commercial or rental purposes.
- The board having an excessive load applied to it.
- The warranty is void if any unauthorised repair, change or modification has been made to any part of the equipment.
Re-stocking fees may be applicable if:
- products are returned in an open box/packaging, in a badly damaged box/packaging, or without the original box/packaging that it came in.
- a product is returned without all the original instructions, and accessories.
Re-stocking fees are charged as follows:
- Re-stocking fees are charged to the customer’s credit automatically or are deducted from the customer’s cash refund when an item is returned. You will be notified via email before any such fees are applied.
- Re-stocking fees should not exceed 20% although may be slightly higher dependent upon the state of the returned goods. You will be notified via email before any such fees are applied.
If you do not agree with any of our terms and fees, the items will be returned to yourselves, and any return postage fees incurred by us will be chargeable to yourselves upon despatch.
All of the above does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.