You’ve come here looking for used paddleboards. This might be because of cost or just lack of understanding about the boards themselves, so let us help you.
Buying used paddleboards
Whilst it is always worth considering used paddleboards to save money, it can also be a minefield, so I’d like to show you some issues you may face.
- Check the age of the board and also clarify that outside of speaking with the seller. Certainly with isups, the older they get, the more chance of problems.
- Fully inflate it before buying and do a splash test to check for leaks.
- If possible ask for an original purchase receipt in case it is stolen.
- Check the pump and make sure it works well.
- If the seller is giving you a paddle, look it over and make sure there are no apparent cracks.
- If the board is a hard board then look for repaired areas or stickers that may be covering bad repairs.
- Most companies only provide a warranty to the original purchaser, so you are buying without any guarantee or warranty.
Used paddleboards are extremely popular and during busy periods they sell out very quickly.
Used paddleboards don’t come with a manufacturers warranty, so we offer a 1-month goodwill warranty of our own which will cover the board in the unlikely event that it goes wrong within 1 month of purchase.
Whilst buying used paddleboards is a good way to go to save a bit of money on new boards, there are risks that you need to consider.
- There’s no warranty on a Used Board.
- We cannot guarantee that we know what previous life the board had e.g was it part of a school fleet.
- So based on what you’re saving it may be worth looking at our Aqua Marina boards that are affordable, superb quality and come with a full warranty for peace of mind.
Options to buying used paddleboards
We stock some superb and affordable isups and hard boards. This way you’re guaranteed a quality product with warranty that will deliver years of service for your hard-earned money.
With a range of new and used hard or inflatable stand up used paddleboards often available we also take trade-ins on new paddleboards so you can walk away with a nice new paddleboard and have money left in your pocket. Brands including: Jimmy Lewis, I Love SUP, Infinity, SIC, Werner, Quickblade, KeNalu, XM, Starboard, Naish, Fatstick, McConks, Bluefin, Red, 425, Kialoa, O’Shea, STX, Itiwit, Hydro Force, Mellowwave, Quroc, Tiki, Turtle Bay, Hatha boards, Freshwater Bay, Two Bare Feet, Aqua Marina, Aqua Planet, Blue Fin, Wolf Creek, Because SUP
- We only offer trade-ins against new kit.
- One a trade in occurs we cannot refund the new purchase.
- You may get a better price selling privately, but will have to go through finding a buyer and the hassle.