Key design features
The O’Shea 13 GTE Expedition sup looks amazing and the built quality is second to none.
A 13ft board length by 31 wide gives glide plus stability so those trips into open water when the conditions get choppy are smoothed out.
The nose of the board has quite a raised rocker to keep the board clear of chop and I found this really helped when carrying up front luggage.
The ultra light HPX construction means you have a board that is easily carried when on land whilst offering lengthways stiffness to improve the paddle experience.
The multiple tie down areas give plenty of options to load and balance the board as well.
- Quad Stringer Technology, 2 stiffening stringers on the top and 2 on the base, giving extreme stiffness
- Lightweight materials
- Non slip EVA foam deck allows comfortable long term paddling
- Bungee storage net, front and back
- 3 comfortable integrated handles
- 8″ fin (mount without tools)
- Halkey Roberts valve
- 8ft straight leash
Who is the O'Shea 13'0 GTE aimed at?
The O’Shea 13’0 GTE is really aimed at the adventure or touring paddler. It is kitted out to carry kit and take you on some amazing adventures.
The GTE is our goto board for the harbour tours we run here in Chichester and our coastal trips as it covers the water effortlessly, is stable and super light so you’ll not get weighted down on or off the water.
Once inflated, the O’Shea 13’0 GTE HPX is light and stiff thanks to the quad stringer technology that has been added which massively improves ride quality.
The paddle has a carbon shaft with adjustable length and a reinforced pvc blade.
The bag is a strong and durable multipurpose bit of kit that can also be used for storing wet wetuits.
The package contains
- A board that weighs 9.5kg
- The very latest technology in drop stitch, which is a big deal for inflatables
- A quality multi use kit bag
- A multi function pump allowing high speed or pressure
- A 3 piece paddle made of carbon with a reinforced pvc blade
- A straight leash
- O’Shea SUP Packages come with a 2 year extended warranty.
- This is based on manufacturing defect and not on wear and tear, misuse or improper use of a product.
- All warranties are handled by us during the first year and direct to manufacturer thereafter.
The o'shea 13'0 HPX Summary
Level of paddler: this board can be used by any level of paddler, but it’s real focus is more towards intermediate to advanced paddlers.
Disciplines: targetted towards the sup touring and adventure paddler, the design features really do put this board at the top of the leaderboard. It’s got glide, carrying capacity and design features that will give you the performance needed to go far afield.
Price /Quality ratio: the build quality of these boards is really highand the kit that comes with it is excellent quality. That said, O’Shea offer a 3 Year Warranty to back up how they feel about their HPX isup.
Locations: River – Sea – Lakes