sup paddleboarding lessons
We run sup and paddle board lessons, for total beginners to advancing open water paddlers.
Lessons are now running for 2022
Family group: £200.00 (4 persons) +£25.00 pp extra
Group pp (min 2): £55.00
Specialist session: please call to discuss
What Paddle board lessons do we offer
Stand up paddleboarding or SUP, is safe and fun for everyone, and with some proper coaching you’ll be flying.
We have a wide selection of lesson types covering different disciplines and levels of paddleboarding.
Read on to see each one and learn about them, before enquiring or booking online.
2 hour water based
The Intro to SUP lessons are run all throughout the season and can be booked online.
We generally run them on our local canal in chichester as this offers the perfect safe conditions.
For anyone looking to brush up on some skills, you’re welcome to join us.
2 hour water based
The Family SUP lessons are run all throughout the season and can be booked online.
The Family Group booking allows 2 adults and 2 kids (under 16),to either relax and play a few sup games or spend the time learning to paddle.
Kids love to splash and play, so we keep the whole session light hearted and fun and go at your pace.
2 hour water based
The Private sup lessons give you, and one other person, exclusivity to the lesson slot.
This is used when someone wants to completely focus on certain things or may simply prefer to paddle with one other and not a group.
During the Private session, we can also take video footage and analyse it with you so you have things to work on and aim for.
The Stag and Hen Parties or Birthday parties gives you exclusivity to the session slot for your party.
It is a great way to celebrate a birthday for the kids or before getting hitched.
As with other group sup lessons, we spent a few minutes covering some basic rules before getting on the water and learning new skills and having fun.
The Open Water Experience will get you out to sea in a safe and controlled way.
So much changes when you hit open water, and we give you insight into understanding the environment, so you can be more prepared.
You have waves, current, wind and a more changeable environment that can affect everything.
We look at the kit you’re using, improving techniques and rescue methods as well.
Years of flying around taught us one big lesson. You miss the view if you’ve got your head down, so we take our time enjoying the experience.
Our SUP Tours can be run in a range of locations, including Chichester Harbour, Hayling Island, Arun, Pulborough, Dorking and more.
A tour is relaxed, and we plan it, so we can chat and chill, whilst enjoying the view and stopping for a bite to eat.
We’ve developed our own method of race training that not only works on technique, but also the mental tactics.
If you’re entering the SUP Bike Run events or any local or GBSUP races, then we can certainly help you to get where you want to be.
We can help you to improve all aspects of your technique, to make you more efficient, powerful and capable throughout the race, be it on the sea or enclosed water.
As more races and paddlers look to enjoy the open sea, they will want to pick up swells and ride like a pro.
We’ve been downwind paddling for over 10 years and have some great local venues to help build your skills.
Where do our sup and paddleboard lessons run
We paddle from differing locations, depending on the prevailing conditions. Bracklesham Beach, Chichester canal and inland waters, Hayling Island, Chichester Harbour, Pulborough – River Arun
How lessons run
Our aim is to get you up and paddling quickly, as water time is where you really experience SUP, so we have a quickstart process for our lessons:
Meet and greet at start time (we start on time, so please arrive early)
- Gather with all kit on the water’s edge.
- Quick safety briefing from the instructor.
- On water / land demo.
- All onto the water.
This whole process should take no more than 15-20 minutes, giving us a paddling time of around an hour and a half.
What to bring
- A towel and some warm clothing, even in the summer, is recommended.
- Wetsuit and jelly shoes if you have some.
- Asthma spray or epi pen if you use them. Please read the rules regards this.
- Light food and drink for after the session.
- All equipment and tuition are included, but it is preferable if you have a wetsuit of your own and booties. Buoyancy aids are supplied unless you have your own.
- Boards used include: Aqua Marina Fusion, Aqua Marina Coral and Aqua Marina Beast. All of them were chosen because of there performance and ease of use for both beginner to intermediate paddler.
- Wetsuits must be prebooked.
- Please do not bring any valuable items.
- You must manage any meds and make us aware pre-joining the session.
- Sessions can be weather dependent and may be rescheduled if conditions are not suitable, especially open water and surf.
- Your session starts at the agreed lesson time advertised and cannot be offset or delayed on the day