Lesson policies and procedures
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Attendees must agree to the following terms and conditions to be able to book their lessons & or any similar activities offered by Surfs SUP Watersports
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions attendees are confirming that are physically capable of taking part in the activities we offer and have no known ailments or injuries that could hinder them in any way or form whilst participating in the activities we offer.
- The terms and conditions of all agreements made shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law.
- No booking is confirmed until the agreed payment is received. We accept payment by cash or bank transfer
- Any bookings cancelled due to weather or other conditions such as an injured or sick instructor for example will be kept as course credit redeemable within 1 year after purchase date. Please note we do not, under any circumstances offer refunds unless we were unable to do the cancelled activity within a year of the booking.
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If bad weather or tide conditions affect a booking it will be rescheduled at no cost to yourself. You will be able to book alternative dates on which to return and complete your training. Please note that it is not possible to offer refunds for weather or sea state related cancellations.
- All decisions regarding the running or cancellation of any course are only at the discretion of the course instructor.
- The courses we offer are both tide and weather dependent.
- Any fees paid will be refunded if the participant makes a cancellation more than 14 days before the course is to commence. Within 14 days of the course, fees paid will not be refunded.
- In the event of any cancellation Surfs SUP Watersports will not be held liable for the cost of lost insurance premiums, travel expenses, pre-booked accommodation costs or any other costs inccurred.
- A failure to attend a booked course without notice will be considered as a cancellation & will be subject to the condition above.
- Our season runs all year. It is the responsibility of the client to arrange a rebooking within this period. Course credit is therefore valid a year from booking.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE
- It is understood that all activities that Surfs SUP Watersports offers are potentially dangerous. All participants must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with their booked activity.
- Injury arising from any activities we offer can only be accepted if caused by negligence on the part of Surfs SUP Watersports .
- Damage or loss to any of Surfs SUP Watersports equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time of the event or loss at the current replacement value.
- Surfs SUP Watersports is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to clients property or equipment, however caused.
- Although not a legal requirement in the UK we advise all participants on any activity that Surfs SUP Watersports offers to have 3rd party liability Insurance.
- If participating in activities outside of the UK but taught by Surfs SUP Watersports attendees must have relevant personal accident cover
- Participants who provide their own equipment and clothing must ensure that it is suitable for the activities participated in & within this Surfs SUP Watersports reserves the right to refuse participation for an attendee if their equipment is deemed unsafe or it is not fit for purpose.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Due to the nature of activities we offer, all participants should be physically fit.
- All participants are required to give contact details of a 3rd party we can contact in any case of an emergency
- Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before considering participating.
- Surfs SUP Watersports must be informed of any medical conditions (asthma, epilepsy, deafness, etc.) or any other special needs of any/all participants.
- Surfs SUP Watersports reserves the right to refuse a person who is at a high risk to him/herself or other participants on the course.
- All participants must be confident in open water and able to swim at least 100m unaided.
- Surfs SUP Watersports reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Surfs SUP Watersports may require any participant to leave the course if that person acts in any such manner deemed as unsociable, or reducing the enjoyment of other participants or is endangering him / herself, another participant or a 3rd party.
- We ask you to leave plenty of time to get to the venue. Many of the courses and experiences we offer require a safety briefing and it is essential that the participant attends in time for this.
- Any purchased vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase date.
- Any purchased vouchers cannot be refunded unless it is within 14 days of purchase date.
- When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and you agree to abide by them.